Goals & Outcome
Our philosophy is that every Jewish child is entitled to a Jewish education. To achieve this goal Chabad Hebrew School offers a warm and lively Jewish atmosphere where children can attain a unique and exciting awareness of their Jewish identity.
At Chabad Hebrew School we endeavor that our students should...
- Attain a strong sense of love of Judaism and pride in being Jewish.
- Discover & explore the Torah (Bible), the incredible history of the Jewish people and see its relevance in today's day & age.
- Gain an understanding of the practices & traditions of Judaism.
- Know the morals, values & ethical behavior mandated by the Torah.
- Have a hands-on experience & appreciation for all Jewish holidays.
- Master Hebrew skills of reading & writing.
- Understand basic Hebrew words.
- Learn basic prayers so that the students will feel comfortable when attending services.
- Identify with the land of Israel and its inhabitants.
- Allow for students to express their opinions and questions about G-d, Torah & religion.
Indeed, a child equipped with an education and a feeling for Judaism’s beautiful teachings, traditions, and historical lessons is a child better equipped to face the awesome moral challenges of today’s society.
Our school’s underlying approach is for the children to enjoy the time spent so that they are left with positive feelings and fond memories of their Jewish education. Our program is thus carefully blended with songs, games, incentives, arts and crafts, drama, field trips, family celebrations and other exciting co-curricular activities.